Sunday, March 24, 2013

So I am 30 Today...


In the American sitcom, F.R.I.E.N.D.S., episode 7.14, “The One Where They All Turn Thirty”, all the 6 main characters are shown to be quite upset about their being turning 30. The reason is that all of them are well short of their goals that they have set for themselves. Ross has been married 2 times too many while Phoebe has unknowingly skipped one whole year of her life. And on March 24, 2013, when I turn 30, I was wondering how I relate to the whole turning-thirty-and-getting-scared thing? Surely, I had certain objectives that wanted to accomplish before this day.


This Birthday card was made by one of my best friend for one of my earlier birthday.


According to one astrology report on Café Astrology, people born on March 24, are “exceptionally intuitive, you are highly perceptive and often have very good instincts. Many of you have psychic ability, or at least, very accurate first impressions. You are idealistic and truthful, and others generally respect you for speaking the truth, even if it hurts sometimes! You are stubborn but determined, loving and dedicated.” I am in general agreement with all this although some of my friends might disagree strongly.

So at 30 years of age, I am unemployed. And not temporarily. I mean I have never got a job in my life! Even though I think of myself is the most deserving candidate as shown by my resume. Just a couple days ago I got a call from a “potential” employer. After the usual pleasantries, I was thinking of giving him my educational and research background. But somehow things did not work out as he was thinking molecular biology as something related to Ancient Egypt! Needless to say, I did not push hard to explain any further. So there ends the closest that I ever came to getting a job.

Another thing which I always wanted/wished/liked/hoped/targeted to achieve before turning 30 was getting a Ph. D. But somehow I am yet to reach that stage. May be I shall wait a couple of more weeks for that to happen. Hopefully.

So with my adventures on education and career front, I had hoped to getting married before 30. Or to be precise, I wanted to get it done exactly today. But somehow that aim is also proving elusive till now. Even though I think of myself as the most eligible bachelor in town, I am still single. I might not have a degree, but I hope to get one soon. I might not have a job ever in my life, but I am hopeful for that too. I might not have money but I have a solid and practical plan for robbing a very wealthy man, or maybe a bank. I might not have a shiny McLaren but with that much money, I shall be able to afford one.


19 hours into my 30th birthday, and life is still the same. It is not scary or depressive as I had imagined. Thanks to all of you who have wished me today via Facebook, SMS, MMS, Gtalk and email. As an afterthought, I share my birthday with Dean Jones, Steve Ballmer, Emraan Hashmi, Tommy Hilfiger and The Undertaker and some 20 million others in the world. 

25 comments:

  1. First, happy birthday!

    When I turned 30 I was living in a basement efficiency in student housing while my husband lived two hours away. I was on internship, so still a student. I remember crying to my advisor about how little I'd accomplished. Her response was basically, "Are you kidding me?' A year later, I had my Ph.D. and was pregnant with my first child and owned my first home. Life is funny that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much.

      Well, I did get encouraged by your comment. I do hope to achieve my own goals sooner. Yes life is funny. One day you don't have anything and next day you have more than you hope for.

      Delete
  2. Happy 30th birthday Misterio Vida!!!! Have a lovely one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crystal. I wish you are in good health and spirits :)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday . I gather you are soon to get your degree and then to work. Sounds like you will marry at some point. So in all of this I wish you passion!!! That wish is my birthday gift to you :-)

    Love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do hope to get my Degree sooner and then get a job. Hoping for the best.

      Thank you for your wishes.

      Delete
  4. Oh, gosh, LOL, I just read your resume. Um, actually, not LOL. I'm with you on wondering why you haven't gotten a job so far. You're very talented and skilled and experienced x)

    Happy birthday for the near future - or is it now? I hope your dreams come true, and I wish you best of luck on the career/Ph.D/marriage/robbing-rich-man-or-bank front ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha... thanks for reading my resume... i hope you can help me getting a job somehwere? :P

      thanks for the wishes... birthday was on 24th march... and i do hope that my wishes come true sooner :) have a nice time :)

      Delete
  5. Mary Happy Returns of The Day! Turning 30 isn't a scared thing, it's just a figure which only changes every year. :)

    Wishing you the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much... yes it is a figure but thing is psychological... :) anyhow thanks for your wishes... do share your haikus :)

      Delete
  6. a very very happy bday to you :)
    and I'd say just keep on adding items in your list... 30 or 50 who cares :P
    have loads of fun... and I wish this turn year turns out to be your best ever !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :)

      yes i guess one keeps on adding to the list with age, it is never finished :)... wish you happy summer :)

      Delete
  7. Hey, Long time.
    No see. Where have you been? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I do hope to comeback... Yes I was away.. for reasons, check my latest post :)

      Delete
  8. 'I think of myself as the most eligible bachelor in town' 😎 haha u said well brother. hnnnmmmmmm its interesting simply.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm seriously wondering how on earth i missed so many posts?HOW :O

    Happy birthday to you Anyway.I thought its too late, still.May ALLAH bless you with Health, wealth & laughter always. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wishes :)

      well i don't know how you missed :P maybe i have been away for so long that can be the reason :)

      have a nice time :)

      Delete
  10. Happy (Very!) Belated Birthday! And congratulations on reaching 30 (: .. Just give yourself another 10 years and you should achieve what you hoped to achieve by 24th March 2013 ..

    Just Kidding (:

    I hope the next 30 years will be fruitful (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much for your great wishes :) hahaha.. yes i think it will need another 10 years :P thank you once again..and a belated reply ... have a nice weekend :)

      Delete
  11. Oh, to be 30 again!
    happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha... i am 3o only once :P thank you for your wishes... have a nice weekend :)

      Delete
  12. A very belated happy birthday Doctor saab :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...