A few weeks ago, there was an essay competition. There were many topics but the one I chose to write on was “Rights and Obligations of Parents”. I submitted an entry and with your support and prayers, I got 80,379th position amongst 80,380 participants. Relieved, I wondered who the one person could be whom I had beaten. And to my surprise, it was me. They have entered my name twice! I shall post that essay on the blog sometime in the future for you people to read. And before that competition, I participated in another essay competition about science fiction and as usual, I came last. So my friends, an ingenious idea came into my mind. I should announce to hold an essay/post/poem/writing competition on our blog. Next I would submit an article with a pseudonym (Forensic Biologist) and then after thoroughly reading every post, I would declare Forensic Biologist as the winner of the competition. So in order to do this exercise, I request you all kindly submit your writings if you want these to be posted on our blog as guest posts. And if I won, I will treat you all with a lavish party, all expenses paid by yourselves. Following are the rules.
- Article should not exceed 1000 words. (Extra words shall be charged US$ 0.1 per word.)
- You can write fiction or non-fiction.
- You can write prose or poetry.
- You can write on any topic except Anthropology, Arts, Blogs, Culinary, Ethics, Games, History, Internet, Linguistics, Literature, Music, Philosophy, Politics, Religion, Science, Sports etc.
- The post should be written in English. For guidance, please read Mind Your English by Eminem or Perfect English by Pitbull and 50Cents.
- Please try to use correct grammar. For demonstration, please consult Mandarin Grammar Made Easy.
- If you want to include multimedia (pictures, videos etc) please make sure you own the copyrights or these are available as free to copy.
- Before sending your article, please keep a pizza and a soft drink near your computer.
- Attach the MS Word file in your email.
- Type in the email address of any of the contributors. (email@example.com)
- Type anything in the subject area.
- Click on the send button.
- Now eat your pizza and drink your cola.
- Last date for submission is 3 weeks from the moment you read this.
P.S. The guest post competition is for real and we are waiting for your posts. Please do send us your writings so that we can post it on our blog. Thank you.
P.S.S. As I was going through the contributor's page and I realized I have not written anything there. I would appreciate if anybody can suggest me what to write there. Your help will be highly appreciated. Thanks.