Monday, February 10, 2014

My Life's Story - in 39 Pictures




For the last couple of days, I have seen like a 100 movies, Facebook movies of my friends. And every time I watch, the app invites me to make my own movie. But I think life is too complicated and Facebook does not have the emotional attachment that we have with certain moments in our lives. So, here is my life story, if you will, in pictures.  



 This is me back then :)
1985


 Here again, me, the little one in the black jacket :)
January 1986



December 1986

 
 Me is the little one here :)
Late 1980s



After shaving my head, i fell off a wall and had some injuries. Later on, I applied my drawing/sketching skills on the picture so there are the lines visible.   
Early 1990s

 

1995

 The picture that would go on my admission forms and everything there after for the next 10 years :)
July 1999



                                        On the eve of our 1st year results at BISE Swat building.
September 2000

                                  A picture with my Kodak Camera that I bought for Rupees 999/- :)
January 2003

                                      On the bank of River Swat, after eating Chicken Karahi :) 
May 2003

                                                      On a class trip to Baragali and Muree.
July 2003

                                                         First time that I came to Lahore!
October 2003

                                                              Preparing for my term exam
December 2003


During our last year at UoP :)
2005
A visit to GCU Lahore with my Friend and old Ravian, Adnan.
April 2008

Thinking!
May 2008



                                                        Our M. Phil class... or part of it...
Jun 2008

                                                                It is carrom time at hostel...
October 2008

Tik tik...at Marriott Restaurant Downtown Hanjarwal
January 2009



February 2009

                                                                        My Birthday :)
March 2009


March 2009

                                                            Twilight... Didn't like though...
April 2009

                                                                       Food Street
September 2009

                                                                 At FAST Lahore... 
April 2010

                                     Sar Malang Baba Buner... Adnan and Farhan visit of Buner
June 2010

                                                             Me at BUITEMS, Quetta.
July 2010
Me with my friend Ibrahim and his gentleman uncle, Kako. Ziarat.
July 2010

At Food Street. The 1st and Last time that our friend Imran would give us a treat...and no he is not dead.
November 2010

                           Hayat Khan got gold medal in M. Phil and so we got to eat something good.
January 2011

                                                                    Hmmm... Thinking!
February 2011

                                                                    Again...my birthday...
March 2011

                                                  A card by my friend Maria, I was 28 then :)
March 2011
At CEMB with Sahib Zar, Niaz and the pre-publication Foodo Khan :)
March 2012
Me at Foodo's... discussing how to procrastinate my PhD Thesis Defense :)
December 2012
But finally the day arrived, I defended my Thesis but there were no pics... this one I took in my room :)
July 2013

                                                                   After the Convocation
December 2013

                        Maj. Gen. M. Ayub, Commandant AFIP giving me certificate of participation
January 2014

Assistant Professor
February 2014


To be continued...

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. May Allah Bless you with all the nice things you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much for your nice wishes sir :)

      Delete
  2. First one is the best!!!! :P cutttteee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First and third one..:) (y)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were tres adorable as a leetle kid ^_^ Carrom... a game I kind of suck at (how come flicking doesn't seem to hurt anyone else's nails?). And you perusing Twilight... that's one bizarre scene :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahan..thanks... and carrom was fun back then.. no it doesnt hurt..even though i never thought of it before but i think it does not hurt...

      hahaha...not perusing... it was rather skimming :) it was a book fair so i was like checking out different books ... have a nice weekend..

      Delete
  5. Wow! You have gone through such a wonderful time.You know, you're so cute then and now! Congrats for all your achievements! It's hard work but paid off in the end. Thanks or sharing all the awesome photos, each one meaningful in its own way.

    P.S. You're right about the FB movies. Here, you can express more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. every human or rather every living thing...or even the non-living thing goes through different phases and stages of life... some of it remains as memories... thank you for your wishes... i hope now you will also share your movie... and the haiku book :)

      Delete
  6. The facebook movies are only meant to capture your on-line life. But even so, it's odd which photos they choose.

    Enjoyed your own life-in-photos. You have pretty eyes.

    Were there no women in the program? My Ph.D. class had six men, six women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and some people are posting by the minute but if someone is posting like one status a month, facebook cant create a meaningful movie :)
      hahahaha... i saw ur DP... i hope u didnt crop my eye and made it scary :)

      you see it is only one side of the aisle... on the other side there were girls... 11 girls out of a class of 17!

      Delete
  7. you in aussie shirts......looking awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes these were nice shirts..in fact i liked very much... thank you for remembering :)

      Delete
  8. Cool. Oye ap to Pathan hain ;) no I don't mean it as a jibe. It just means you're one of the intellectual races of our country (y)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its not so cool now in April in Lahore :) yes I am :) and thank you for reading and commenting :) have a nice week ahead...

      Delete
  9. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I very much enjoyed your photos.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...